More than 80 percent of women will be experiencing vaginal dryness by the time they turn 50.
· It is the change in hormones that are responsible for a womans decreased lubrication in menopause.
· Vaginal dryness eventually results in a loss of elasticity that can interfere with the way a woman looks and feels down there. It is responsible for the skin and muscle tissue in the vagina becoming looser.
· There has been an increase in the number of vaginoplasty procedures performed in recent years. This vaginal tightening surgery is often sought after by women who experience problems with a loosened vagina because of menopausal dryness.
· The vaginal tightness surgery mentioned above doesnt do anything to combat vaginal dryness and therefore doesnt offer permanent results.
· Vaginal dryness can cause pain during sex, as well as bleeding, chafing, tearing, and rashes.
· Youre risk of vaginal infections increases with menopausal dryness because it weakens the skins membrane making it prone to tearing and irritation which lets in bacteria.
· Hormone Replacement Therapy helps to relieve some of the symptoms but doesnt offer much relief from the vaginal dryness experienced with menopause.