Posted by jstar , Wed Jun 09, 2010 04:56 PM
One of the main things that makes SexForums.com #1 in its class is our strong sense of community and the personal connections that are made on the site every day. This happens because people are generally more considerate and respectful to each other than on most other adult forums. Our rules lay it out, Mods enforce it, and most people do their best to follow the "Golden Rule" of courtesy and things are fine.
That's why women are more comfortable here at SexForums than any other adult forum on the Internet. And more women means more real connections for the people looking to meet them here. So it's important to maintain an environment that's friendly and non-threatening. And as guys we generally do a good job. But occasionally some folks need a refresher.
Remember: friendly, respectful behavior leads to more connections, more fun, more hookups!
So if you're a guy and you're thinking of sending a message to a female member you've never had any interaction with before, saying "I have an 8 inch uncut cock. Wanna cyber?" probably isn't a good plan. Instead, here are some simple rules of thumb to follow and things to consider. If your goal is really to meet her, these are good rules to follow.
What Not to Do in a PM:
- Don't send a PM if you haven't completed your profile info and uploaded a profile image. Show you are serious about meeting people at SF and you'll get more serious responses.
- Don't PM random members asking for pics or cybersex. Odds are it will be unwelcome and flagged to a Moderator.
- Don't ever send harassing or demanding PMs. That will get your account suspended or banned.
- Don't use degrading or disrespectful language. Our female members are wives, mothers, sisters, daughters...you get the point. Be courteous in your language until she requests otherwise.
- Don't discuss your cock or sexual talents with someone you've never spoken to before. Odds are they don't care (yet). Get to know them as people and you might be surprised how far you'll get.
How to Send a Better PM:
- Make sure your profile is filled out, and include a picture, even if it's not a personal photo.
- Consider saying hello and making friendly conversation in your first PM.
- Tell a bit about yourself. Compliment them, their threads or a post you like.
- Always be respectful and conversational. This is another person, not an inflatable doll.
- Try to interact in the forums and introduce yourself to the recipient before sending a PM. Write a nice comment on their profile page or get acquainted in the Live Chat or Shoutbox.
In closing, it's good to remember that SF isn't much different than real life. If you treat people with kindness, respect and dignity, and show you're serious about getting to know them, you're much more likely to get the kind of relationship you want. Good luck!
Feedback on this post? Ideas? Objections? Share your opinion in the Comments section below!
9 Comments On This Entry
Adam & Eve Freshman Badge Winners!
Free Rotating G-Spot Rabbit Vibrator: 5 Days of Giveaways by AdamEve.com!
Chat Mods & Greeters
July 8 SexForums.com Updates
July 6 SexForums.com Updates
Etiquette Vol. 1: Making SF a Better Place for You and Me
Welcome to the New SexForums.com
- JTwinki on Adam & Eve Promotion Update
- llama473 on Adam & Eve Promotion Update
- bigcatOH24 on Adam & Eve Promotion Update
- sexiswinger on Adam & Eve Promotion Update
- Miss_C. on Adam & Eve Promotion Update
- l0v3r on Free Rotating G-Spot Rabbit Vibrator: 5 Days of Giveaways by AdamEve.com!
- ScorpionDeity on Free Rotating G-Spot Rabbit Vibrator: 5 Days of Giveaways by AdamEve.com!
- 1wildthing on Free Rotating G-Spot Rabbit Vibrator: 5 Days of Giveaways by AdamEve.com!
- starmanOne on Free Rotating G-Spot Rabbit Vibrator: 5 Days of Giveaways by AdamEve.com!
- schnoekums85 on Adam & Eve Freshman Badge Winners!