As I was watching the show, it brought back many memories of my childhood. From Charlie Brown's Christmas to various versions of the A Christmas Carol. Every show that they showed, I could remember when and where I was when I first saw the show. With the exception of the Bob Hope specials, all the animated and clay-mation shows all brought me back to when I was in my pjs watching it with my parents, crying, laughing, and turning to my parents telling them how "that wasn't very nice". Then when Christmas Story came out and I just fell in love with Ralphie. Living in a state where there are no seasons and wondering if my tongue would really stick to a flag pole.
The conclusion I came to was I remember that all these shows taught me that the perfect gift wasn't what Christmas is all about, it's about being around people you love. For they are the most cherished gift of all, in my opinion. Material objects can be replaced, for the most part. People on the other cannot be replaced though they can live in your hearts and memories it is not that same when they are not around.
So my wish to all of you, whether you celebrate the holidays or whatever gets you through the holiday, is that you have a wonderful Winter season and may you all be surrounded by the folks you love.
0 Comments On This Entry
- hornytom on Boy is back
- realityman on It's been a while and a lot has happened
- realityman on Love this season
- freespirited on It's been a while and a lot has happened
- HollowBrainMan on It's been a while and a lot has happened
- hornytom on Almost
- HollowBrainMan on Sometimes I wish...
- Guest102113 on Last night (with the boy)
- hornytom on OMG I'm going to hell for this
- freespirited on I hate being sick!!