Posted Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:17 PM
Posted Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:34 PM
Posted Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:44 PM
Posted Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:46 PM
Posted Sat Jan 07, 2012 01:53 PM
Posted Sat Jan 07, 2012 02:27 PM
The downside of being a men looking for women is that if women want to just get laid, they have ways of doing that without going on the internet. It's not that hard for them. Also, if you're not bi (and sometimes even if you are), you will probably be irritated by the random guys who answer your ads, unsolicited. If you're patient, however, and determined, you might find a few people who want what you want, and are willing to meet you for it.
Just don't expect instant success. I've been using Craigslist since September or October, and I've made three friends, and met none of them in person.
Posted Sat Jan 07, 2012 02:53 PM
Seem to be getting alot of spam email also since ive been on there.
Posted Sat Jan 07, 2012 04:30 PM
A big city with open minded people, your chances are better.
A small town with a conservative community won't have much to offer.
I've had a lot more success on phone chat lines than Craigslist.
The biggest draw back to Craigslist are virus infected Spam emails.
I know a guy who doesn't go for the NSA ads.
He claims to want a relationship then bails after he gets in.
That isn't a very nice thing to do, but he gets laid every once in a while that way.
I'm not condoning that behavior or would ever do that myself.
It just shows that you can't trust the internet to be full of honest people.
Posted Sun Jan 08, 2012 01:42 AM
1. Scarred girls that were sexually abused as children, and I really really feel bad for them, but they have (understandably) huge trust issues, and relationships with them almost never work out (I'm not trying to rag on them, because what happened to them is absolutely not their fault, and they have every right to have trust issues, but they are out there and comprise a sizable number of the posts you'll see, so be prepared).
2. Bi-polar girls that will be pleasant and fun one day, and then depressed and/or psycho the next day.
3. Girls that you swear are actually aliens in human skin. Goths, emos, artists, et al.
4. Sweaty male ex cons that masquerade as women and make me thank God that I have a concealed carry license (yes, I almost got raped by one of them in a motel room, if it weren't for the fact that I was carrying that day, I'd probably be dead right now)
5. Prostitutes (if it says "sugar daddy" in the title, it's a hooker. Trust me).
6. Cops (they're more of a worry for girls that are posting on there, but occasionally they'll reply to a male post).
7. Drug addicts. These are the ones you really have to watch out for. I shit you not, they can be extremely dangerous people that will rob you blind in a heartbeat.
8. Single moms looking for a man to help raise their child. No, they don't put out. They did that once for the guy that was lucky enough to father the baby and now all they want is child support (NOTE: not all single moms fit into this category. In fact, the ones that do are a very VERY small minority. Most single moms are great people, but there are enough of them that do this to warrant putting a separate entry to warn folk about them)
9. Oddity posts (lesbians looking for a sperm donor, girls that say they want you to get them pregnant then never want you to pay child support or anything else [bullshit detector should peg past the red with those ones], crossdressers that don't realize they have their own section, women offering sex in exchange for random things, spambots, and people aged 70+ looking for folks around the age of 21 for... ya know what? I don't even want to think about that)
10. People from foreign countries that are either: A. 419 scammers, or B. ???. B comprises of people that... really I'm not sure what they want since they don't speak much English, but it seems to be marriage in exchange for US citizenship.
11. People with STDs. There are two subgroups here: A. People that are upfront and honest about their STD and are looking for other people with the same so that they don't risk infecting anyone else, B. People that lie about their STDs or just don't know about them, and will go on a disease ridden sex rampage, infecting everyone that comes into contact with them.
12. Decent, honest, hard working, normal folk that really do want a relationship. These ones are far and few between, but they are on there, and I've met 5 of 'em so far (none really worked out for me for various reasons, but that's always the risk you take, and I'm still friends with 4 of 'em).
All told, I'd say it's worth a try, but don't be disheartened if you don't succeed the first time.
Posted Sun Jan 08, 2012 07:14 AM
Posted Sun Jan 08, 2012 07:27 AM
As Q has said, it's best to stay away from it
Oh, the thread reminded me to watch a movie though 'The Graigslist Killer', but looking at the trailer just now, it looks bad..
Posted Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:06 AM