I love feeling like I've done a good thing for my body. I love pushing myself. I love the hard work and I love checking out the guys in the gym. When I leave the gym I feel like my body is a little bit better and I feel like everybody can see the improvement. I get such a rush from sweating and watching myself creep over the 5km mark. In short, the gym is fantastic.
Except a few things...
And this is why I have a love/hate relationship with the gym. Overall, it's still definitely in the "LOVE" category, because the joy I get outweighs the surprisingly long list of things I hate about the gym...
So here goes:
Things I hate about the gym:
1. My boobs. Okay, well it's not the gym's fault - but I HAVE to wear a sportbra at the gym, otherwise my boobs bounce around to much, which hurts them, my back and they would literally bounce themselves out of my top.
2. There are women their skinnier and sexier than me. Okay, not their problem, and I don't hate them. But it always makes me feel like I'm not working hard enough :(
3. The men. They are good to look at (mostly) and most men are gentlemen. But then you get the 'starers' - the guys who just stand behind you and check out your ass or stand in front of you (DO THEY NOT KNOW I CAN SEE THEM?!) and stare at your boobs as they bounce.
4. Busy. Busy busy busy. It's always PACKED! And I hate waiting around :(
5. The showers. Why aren't they cubicles?! (at my gym anyway)
6. Telling people about the gym... they always look at me like they don't believe me :( or patronise me
7. 'helpers' - and i dont mean staff, i mean members of the public who are trying to tell you how to run.... erm... i know how to run will you just fuck off please mr/miss know-it-all?
8. Gropers. Only had this a couple of times, but they are an off shoot of helpers. They will touch parts of your body when trying to held you. Hands, arms, back, hair, bum, thigh. It's just weird, and I'm sweaty and I don't want you to do it.
I'm sure I thought up more earlier and I will update if I think of them!!