4 cups of cooked white rice or 3 cups of brown rice. This is best kept hot/warm. Either make the rice before and keep it warm or make the rice while the chickpea mixture is baking.
2 cans of chick peas, drained or 400g of soaked chickpeas
1 or 2 zucchinis, grated
2 brown onions finely chopped (red/spanish onions are also nice) plus oil for frying.
1/4 cup of olive oil
4tsp ground cumin
1.5 tsp of tumeric or Moroccan yellow colouring
2 tsp of brown sugar
salt and pepper.
1. Turn oven on to 180-200 degrees celsius or 400 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Saute the onions in oil over a medium heat until translucent. Remove from heat.
3.In a lined baking tray combine the onions, zucchini and chick peas and coat them in the olive oil.
4.Toss the ground cumin, cinammon and tumeric through the mixture and sprinkle the sugar over the top. season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Bake in the oven for half an hour or until the chickpeas are nice and soft. Do not overcook or the chickpeas will dry out and harden.
6. In a large mixing bowl combine the cooked rice with the chick peas/onions/zucchini and mix thoroughly, adding the tumeric as you mix.
7. You may want to adjust the taste- more sugar for a sweeter rice, or adjust the seasoning with salt/pepper. Sometimes I ass more cumin/cinnamon depending on what else I'm serving that night.
8. Serve warm with a main dish!
2 Comments On This Entry
- hornytom on The fruit of my imagination
- kendraj on Sunday morning
- getaroundme1234 on Sunday morning
- ows on Sense and sensuality
- ellie1990 on Moroccan
- *Mina* on Office Erotica: It began in the lift... (a story written by my lover)
- jstar on Moroccan
- jstar on Office Erotica: It began in the lift... (a story written by my lover)
- Miss_C. on Mina's cooking blog: introduction :)
- bob75 on Mina's cooking blog: introduction :)