Posted by jstar , Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:39 AM
We have gone through all of the original giveaway prizes.
Adam & Eve has updated the award for all Freshman Badge holders to the following:
All SexForums.com members who have the Freshman Badge can get 50% off on any item that they sell PLUS free shipping PLUS 3 Free XXX DVD's PLUS a Free Mystery Gift.
The badge page has been updated and the link below should take you to the exclusive location for the offer.
Posted by jstar , Mon Apr 11, 2011 03:51 PM
Adam & Eve will be bringing SexForums.com members exclusive offers, contests, freebies, giveaways, discounts and some fabulous events throughout the year!
Celebrating 40 years in business, Adam & Eve is known for being a trusted and experienced adult retailer.
Adam & Eve is sponsoring the Freshman Badge!
SexForums' Freshman Badge recognizes members who have earned 500 points.
Thanks to Adam & Eve, all Freshman Badge winners (for a limited time) will now get their choice of one of the following free gifts (you only pay shipping):
1) Adam & Eve Vibrating Silver Bullet, retail value $14.95
2) Adam & Eve Crystal Bang Bang Cock Ring
3) 25% off any one item at Adam & Eve
If you are a badgeholder, go to the Freshman Badge page and you'll see your exclusive links to get your prizes.
Awesome! I've Earned the Freshman Badge, How Do I Get My Free Prize?
If you have earned 500 points and have earned your Freshman Badge, here's how you claim your award.
1) Go to the Freshman Badge page
2) Click the picture of the prize that you want (highlighted in red below)
3) You will be taken to a special page on the Adam & Eve website (you won't see this special link if you are a guest or are a member that doesn't have the Adam & Eve Freshman Badge)
4) Click "add to cart" to add the item to your cart and the price will be reduce from the list price, to $0.
5) Checkout as normal
You are responsible for shipping & handling (note - shipping & handling is free on all orders over $59 in case you'd like to buy any additional adult toys) but the item is completely free to you as a SexForums.com Freshman badge earner!
Tell Me More About Adam & Eve
Celebrating 40 years in business, Adam & Eve, is a trusted and experienced adult retailer. With experience providing quality adult products, adult entertainment and fast, discreet shipping, Adam & Eve ensures the best experience for all customers. Based on superior selection and service, Adam & Eve is the nation's leader in adult ecommerce sales with millions of satisfied customers that remain loyal and adding more every moment.
Additionally, each year Adam & Eve donates over 25% of profits to international charitable organizations, which has provided millions of men and women with family health and HIV / AIDS prevention programs in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Every AdamEve.com purchase helps people all around the world.
Very Cool. What Kind of Contests & Giveaways Are Coming?
Adam & Eve sponsored the first 5 days of Rabbit Vibrator giveaways this month and will be holding regular monthly contests, promotions and other fun events throughout the year.
We have even more exciting news coming, be sure and check back to the Adam & Eve Freshman Badge page often for more details!
Some members are getting confused by the process and are clicking the 25% discount link to go to Adam & Eve. This means when they select the $20 product (that should be Free + S/H in their cart) they only get 25% off, which ends up as a $5 discount.
If this has happened to you, do the following to get the product for free:
1. Start by clearing your cookies or opening SexForums in another browser.
2. Go back to the Adam & Eve page here.
3. Notice the scrolling images in the middle.
4. When you see what you want - CLICK THAT IMAGE. Each link is unique to each product/offer image.
5. At the Adam & Eve website, add the product to your cart immediately. It should be free, plus shipping and handling.
6. If you accidentally clicked the wrong image, or you don't get the product for free, start over at Step 1 above.
If you are still experiencing further issues with this process, please MESSAGE ME DIRECTLY VIA PM and I will investigate it for you.
Posted by jstar , Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:42 PM
Special thanks to Adam & Eve!
We’re excited to announce a new relationship with Adam & Eve, the largest adult online retailer with over 40 years experience bringing sex-enhancement products discreetly to your door.
Adam & Eve will be providing SF Members with special deals, insider tips and product freebies. . .
more details coming soon!
Kickoff Blog Contest
Win one of Five Rabbit Vibrator ($49.95 retail price), given away daily!
HOW TO WIN:
Post a comment on this blog
about your favorite sex toy product for sale at Adam & Eve
– any product they sell.
(Yep, it’s that simple!)
The fine print:
1) You can post as many comments as you’d like, but you are disqualified if the posts are sequential (e.g. it's ok to be blog post #3, #5, #10; it's NOT ok to be post numbers #4, #5).
2) We'll pick one random number during the day and give away one of the five products to the user whose post number matches the number we drew.
3) This contest will close on April 1st and five products will be given away.
4) You can’t win more than once.
Want to Know More About the Rabbit Vibe?
Click here to read a review of the product at Adam Eve
Posted by jstar , Wed Jan 05, 2011 01:03 PM
Greeters & Chat Mods
Individuals have volunteered to help us in two ways:
- Greeters: Help us do a better job of welcoming new members to SexForums
- Chat Mods: Help us continue to make the Live Chat a better experience and a more fun place for everyone.
What We Know / What We Ask of Greeters
- Welcome new members: in the Newcomers forum post, on their profiles, on "newbie posts"
- Help us flag "spammy" newbies (if it's clear a newbie is a spammer, please click "report" so we can remove them (don't just comment on their profile with a "hi and welcome to SF")
- Help us ensure that everyone is 18 plus. If you see someone that seems underage, please report them.
- Please let us know (or create) tools to help newbies (See Miss C's blog and post for a great example)
- Please give us feedback on how we can improve our welcome process
Please say hi to SexForums' Greeters:
- Miss C
- Fuck Toy
- Moaning Lissa
- Grr So Horny
What we ask from our chat mods
- Please be fair to everyone
- Please be respectful to all members (even those people who you may think don't deserve respect or decency)
- Please kick people out of the chatrooms who need to be kicked out
- Please flag to a staff member if someone needs to be banned
- Please let us know how we can improve the chat experience
Who are our new chat mods
We're always looking for more individuals willing to help the SF community. If you've been here for a while, and are currently either active in welcoming new members or think you'd be able to help us in chat, please drop a staff member a note.
Posted by jstar , Fri Jul 09, 2010 02:13 PM
Following up on our updates from July 6th we’ve also added a few new features to SexForums.com today.
1) New Member Homepage Widget
At the homepage’s left navigation bar column, we’ve added a new widget to show the newest members who have just joined SexForums.com and made a welcome post.
You can sort by location (either all locations or your state) to find just the new members near you, or you can sort by their gender type.
We’ve made it easier than ever to get acquainted with new members – so go say hi and welcome them to the community!
2) Newcomer’s Corner Widget
Similar to the New Member Homepage Widget, we’ve added a new box at the top of the Newcomer’s Corner forum and all of the threads in that section to help you find new members to meet.
3) New Welcome Process for New Members
We’ve found that new members who say hi with a first post in the Newcomer’s Corner are much more likely to enjoy their time on SexForums.com as it helps them find like-minded people to connect with on the site. It also helps you find new people in your area who you might enjoy getting to know better.
So, we’ve made the process much easier for new members to “say hi” to the community when registering. Since most people tell us they just don’t know what to write when introducing themselves, we’ve also given them a simple template for their first post that shares their location, gender, interests and if they want to chat, cam or cyber.
I know a lot of people will want to customize their message, but if they don’t want to, it gives the rest of the community at least a sense of who they are and what they are looking for.
So please stop by and say hi to some of our newest members at the Newcomer's Forum!
Posted by jstar , Tue Jul 06, 2010 01:08 PM
1) Updated Homepage navigation bar
We received a lot of requests from people who wanted help finding "popular stuff" or new comments on their topics. I think our updated homepage will be a great resource to help people find fun topics, including:
A) Most commented - no change
(most active topics on SexForums in the past 24 hours)
B) Most Active blogs - no change
(most active blogs - by comments - in the past week)
C) My information - new
- Your points
- Direct link to your personalized homepage (see below)
- Direct link to change your location (or set your city & region/state if they're visible or hidden to other SF members)
NOTE: you will only show up on the rankings for your city & state/region if you have selected NOT to hide your location. If you hide your location, other people can’t see your city or state/region.
- Your rankings in your country / state / city
(If you click the link next to each, you can find other members in your area)
D) Direct links to recruit friends, write a blog, or upload pictures - new
E) Direct links that explain our point system - new
- What are Featured Members?
- How Can I Become Featured?
- Who’s Earning Points Now?
F) My Threads - new
- Your most recent threads and blogs. Next to each, you can see both the total number of comments and the total number of NEW comments since you’ve checked that thread or blog last.
G) Today’s Top Members - new (replaces top posters)
- Rankings of members per day / month / overall / per your state / per your country
- Direct link to the rankings of people in your state
- Link to your actions that earned points for you recently
H) Best of the Web - no change
- most recent stories from the Editor’s pick list
I ) recently added Topics - no change
- Newest 6 topics added to SexForums.com
2) Updated Personalized Homepage
Reminder: this page allows you to see just the content that you want to see. If you click “customize” in “Topics that interest You” you can see the most recent posts and topics started JUST from the forums that interest you.
We added the new modules from the homepage to the right column of this page.
3) Assistance for new members
We’ve added a new process and launching point for new members at SexForums.com with some of the most popular topics.
4) Updates to our Messenger System
a) You now have the option to select who you’d like to receive messages from. You can get them from either Everyone OR Just Your friends and the SF staff
b) Now when someone sends you a message a pop up appears telling you more information about them, helping you decide how to best respond. It gives you their: gender, points, Last login date, Join date, Location: city / state (only if they have this option enabled – otherwise it shows their country), and a link to their blog.
We also have a lot of upcoming additions coming shortly and I’ll keep you updated!
As always, please give us your feedback at the Feedback Forum (or read our FAQ)
Posted by jstar , Wed Jun 09, 2010 04:56 PM
One of the main things that makes SexForums.com #1 in its class is our strong sense of community and the personal connections that are made on the site every day. This happens because people are generally more considerate and respectful to each other than on most other adult forums. Our rules lay it out, Mods enforce it, and most people do their best to follow the "Golden Rule" of courtesy and things are fine.
That's why women are more comfortable here at SexForums than any other adult forum on the Internet. And more women means more real connections for the people looking to meet them here. So it's important to maintain an environment that's friendly and non-threatening. And as guys we generally do a good job. But occasionally some folks need a refresher.
Remember: friendly, respectful behavior leads to more connections, more fun, more hookups!
So if you're a guy and you're thinking of sending a message to a female member you've never had any interaction with before, saying "I have an 8 inch uncut cock. Wanna cyber?" probably isn't a good plan. Instead, here are some simple rules of thumb to follow and things to consider. If your goal is really to meet her, these are good rules to follow.
What Not to Do in a PM:
- Don't send a PM if you haven't completed your profile info and uploaded a profile image. Show you are serious about meeting people at SF and you'll get more serious responses.
- Don't PM random members asking for pics or cybersex. Odds are it will be unwelcome and flagged to a Moderator.
- Don't ever send harassing or demanding PMs. That will get your account suspended or banned.
- Don't use degrading or disrespectful language. Our female members are wives, mothers, sisters, daughters...you get the point. Be courteous in your language until she requests otherwise.
- Don't discuss your cock or sexual talents with someone you've never spoken to before. Odds are they don't care (yet). Get to know them as people and you might be surprised how far you'll get.
How to Send a Better PM:
- Make sure your profile is filled out, and include a picture, even if it's not a personal photo.
- Consider saying hello and making friendly conversation in your first PM.
- Tell a bit about yourself. Compliment them, their threads or a post you like.
- Always be respectful and conversational. This is another person, not an inflatable doll.
- Try to interact in the forums and introduce yourself to the recipient before sending a PM. Write a nice comment on their profile page or get acquainted in the Live Chat or Shoutbox.
In closing, it's good to remember that SF isn't much different than real life. If you treat people with kindness, respect and dignity, and show you're serious about getting to know them, you're much more likely to get the kind of relationship you want. Good luck!
Feedback on this post? Ideas? Objections? Share your opinion in the Comments section below!
Posted by jstar , Tue Nov 24, 2009 07:54 PM
After months of development, followed by 16 grueling hours of data transfer today, the new SF site has launched. We hope you are enjoying the many new features, and tolerating the fact that not everything is in it's usual, comfortable place. But the effort is worth it - the new SexForums.com is a more stable, more secure site in general. And, in the coming weeks and months we will be continually improving the site and adding new, fun features we know you'll love.
But for now, here are some points to know about the new site:
- 1. The site is a Beta release. While there are some great new features, it's important to remember that this is a Beta (public testing) release of the system. That means that we expect a few bugs and issues here and there. As hard as we work to test the site on our end before rollout, there is no way to recreate the bugs and issues that thousands of visitors per day will uncover. So please be patient with us, and submit all your feedback via the "Tracker" link at the top of the site. We are listening, and will address bug fixes very quickly.
- 2. Our super-mod Melissalicious has created a useful guide to the new site that is a MUST read for anyone trying to figure out what's up and where to go. Just click here: http://bit.ly/4PU0K2
- 3. You can access most of your important info by clicking your username in the top right hand corner of the page. You will see a drop-down menu, and from there can access your Profile, Settings, Message Inbox, and more.
In addition, the new SF will be integrated with some of the latest social media sites like Twitter, which should be fun and give us new ways to connect with each other. So start poking around, and have fun. If you find something frustrating, buggy, or plain broken, just drop us a note in the Tracker section. We'll get right on it.
Thanks, and welcome to the new SexForums.
sf's owner mod
Adam & Eve Freshman Badge Winners!
Free Rotating G-Spot Rabbit Vibrator: 5 Days of Giveaways by AdamEve.com!
Chat Mods & Greeters
July 8 SexForums.com Updates
July 6 SexForums.com Updates
Etiquette Vol. 1: Making SF a Better Place for You and Me
Welcome to the New SexForums.com
- up4somethingdifferent on Adam & Eve Promotion Update
- JTwinki on Adam & Eve Promotion Update
- llama473 on Adam & Eve Promotion Update
- bigcatOH24 on Adam & Eve Promotion Update
- sexiswinger on Adam & Eve Promotion Update
- Miss_C. on Adam & Eve Promotion Update
- l0v3r on Free Rotating G-Spot Rabbit Vibrator: 5 Days of Giveaways by AdamEve.com!
- ScorpionDeity on Free Rotating G-Spot Rabbit Vibrator: 5 Days of Giveaways by AdamEve.com!
- 1wildthing on Free Rotating G-Spot Rabbit Vibrator: 5 Days of Giveaways by AdamEve.com!
- starmanOne on Free Rotating G-Spot Rabbit Vibrator: 5 Days of Giveaways by AdamEve.com!