I think there are probably many people out there who write erotic stories - either fictional or true - and I'm sure there are people who are interested in writing something but don't know where to start.
It seemed that bluecraper was asking for someone else to write something for her guy for her because she wasn't sure what to write and felt shy about doing this for the first time. I don't think having someone else write something to him for her is a good idea because - while he probably wouldn't know the difference - it wouldn't be from her heart, and I think that what he really wants is something from her.
So here's the advice I gave bluecraper in her thread, and I'm hoping that this will be a helpful guide for anybody who's interested in writing an erotic story.
- Read some erotica or some of the stories posted on this site in the Sex Stories forum or some of our members' blogs. There are plenty of examples, and you can find inspiration from others' writing. I recommend reading stories written by Trinity Jane, mrtodd, Mistyleah, and Attalim (among many other members' stories) to find a variety of stories containing a good mix of sexual content. Trinity Jane's blog is full of stories that focus on a single goal (i.e. the female character wants oral or to have sex doggy-style). She always begins her stories with a trademark phrase ("What I want..."), and they're short blurbs that describe one intense encounter. This is her signature writing style and shows that you don't have to write pages upon pages to write a hot erotic story. mrtodd has a hot story in a thread called "Kept after Class" in the Sex Stories forum that contains some role-playing and spanking. Mistyleah's story thread called "The old cabin." is long, but the surprise ending makes it so worth reading. And Attalim posted an erotic story called "The Slaves Begining - Pt 1, Awaken," which contains some bondage and domination. Another entry in my blog is a fictional threesome story. Some stories written by our members are true stories. You can find those in the Sex Stories forum as well. And I have other blog entries that are true stories.
- Golfer777 had a great suggestion about avoiding clinical or medical terms for body parts. Instead of using the word "vagina," use the word "pussy" or even the word "cunt," if you're into dirty talk. Rather than using the word "penis," try using "cock," "dick," or "manhood." Instead of using the word "intercourse," don't be afraid to use words that are considered to be more vulgar - like "fucking." And if you're not comfortable with these words, then you can create names for body parts. If you don't like the word "pussy," then call it your "hot sex." If you don't like the word "cock," then use seemingly innocent words - "tool" or "rod" or "thick pole" - that aren't sexual in themselves but become sexual when you use them that way. Don't forget to get creative with your verbs, too! It can be a lot of fun to play with words, and I like the satisfied feeling I get when I find just the perfect word.
- You don't have to write a novel for your story to be good. I mentioned this before, but just like with sex, there's nothing wrong with a quickie. If you're a beginner, try starting with a paragraph or two first. And if you're having trouble getting started, try getting the story going by writing about what you or your character(s) are wearing (or taking off!) and give your partner a verbal striptease. This is a good idea for long distance relationships. You can start a story, and when you run out of steam or feel blocked, you can send the story to your partner for them to continue it. You can go back and forth repeatedly before reaching the... uh, climax of the story, and it takes the pressure off both partners. I've written with someone before, and had a lot of fun doing it. I like writing with someone else because you get feedback almost immediately. Your partner can tell you which parts of your writing turn them on the most, and you can learn about each other as you write. And once you've written a few stories together, you'll have a nice collection of erotica that you can re-read whenever you want. It was a huge turn-on for me.
- I also like mr_curve's suggestion. He recommended writing down your fantasies as you have them. This is a good idea for several reasons. First, you don't necessarily have to share all of these fantasies (or any of them!) with your SO. You can keep them to yourself, or you can share them. You can share some of them and not others. Or you can use these fantasies for future stories that you write with your partner. So writing down your fantasies can inspire you to write erotic stories. Or you can write them down and not keep them at all, but another reason why writing down your fantasies is a good idea is because - no matter how you use this information - writing down your fantasies can make you more comfortable seeing those thoughts on paper. You can get used to seeing the words themselves and be more comfortable with seeing words that you might consider to be more vulgar written down. And it can help you to feel confident that your fantasies are normal, and it can help you get over your fears about sharing these types of ideas with your partner. While I was writing with a partner, I actually ended up having some new fantasies that sort of startled me at first, but I became a lot more comfortable with them by talking about them with my partner during the writing process. Another reason why you should write down your fantasies is because your list - and your partner can write down their fantasies as well - can start conversations with your partner about your sex life. Being more comfortable talking about your fantasies and the sex life you have with your partner can make your relationship stronger and bring you closer emotionally. Finally, it's likely that writing with your partner will feel awkward at first. Many things feel strange the first time you do them. But don't get discouraged - use whatever tools you have at your disposal to help you get through the initial awkwardness. One of those tools might be writing down your fantasies.
- In addition to reading others' erotic writing to get ideas, you could watch porn. Choose some porn that you like - it doesn't need to be anything too rough or dirty. Watching porn you like will give you ideas because you can describe in words what you're seeing in a video. You can even use their dialog as inspiration for your own dialog, if you want to include dialog in your story. Also, watching porn while you write will help you to become turned on, which I find helps me write. My stories are sexier to me when I'm turned on to begin with, and writing sexier stories makes me even more horny. When I'm especially turned on, I fantasize about things I might never find sexy otherwise. Some of my fantasies have surprised me. This is a way to sort of push your limits. Plus, the more different topics or types of sex or sexual activities you write about, the more interesting your stories will be.
- Or lay back, relax, and fantasize. Fantasizing while you're masturbating is even better, IMO. Imagine a time when you and your partner had hot sex. Think about where you were, what you had done before you had sex, what made the sex so hot, etc. Try to take yourself back to that moment and remember the details. The more detailed your writing is, the better able your reader(s) will be to imagine themselves in the story, which is something that makes readers come back, if you're looking to generate readership (i.e. for a blog or an erotic novel).
- Another wonderful thing about writing an erotic story is that you can include sexual acts, language/dialog, and situations you wouldn't normally want to do or get to experience IRL. For example, if you've never role-played before, you could create a role-playing scenario in which he's a handsome doctor and you're a vulnerable patient. Really get into the parts - instead of just creating these characters, make them have sex in an appropriate place. He could be a pilot while you're a flight attendant, and you can make full use of the plane's cockpit. You don't necessarily have to want to do these things - it's fiction. My writing partner and I once wrote a story in which he was a charismatic real estate agent and I was his potential buyer, and we met for a look at the house where he used his belt to strap me to the stair railing, and we had sex standing up. Because it doesn't have to be true, you can push your usual boundaries. If you never do these things IRL, who cares?
- Dialog can be important - especially in a longer erotic story. When you include dialog, try to keep it as realistic as possible. Think about any corny porn movie you've seen. When the moans sound faked or the dialog is cheesy and sounds like it was written in a script, it takes away from the story and distracts you from the sex. Well, the same can happen in an erotic story. Dialog should sound like you, but don't be embarrassed about writing about your heavy breathing or typing out a long moan. Check out my stories for examples of dialog.
- Your story - like sex - should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Think about each part of sex. Don't start with penetration; start with foreplay. Describe how your partner is kissing you, touching your body, warming you up, or getting you wet or hard. Write about how your body would react (i.e. if your partner is licking your nipples, they will stiffen). Build anticipation. Your actual sex part is likely to take up most of your story, but by the time you get to penetration, you'll have your reader panting because you've built up the anticipation. And only end your story when you're satisfied with it. Nothing says you have to stop after an orgasm. I have a difficult time having multiple orgasms IRL, so I sometimes like my characters to be more orgasmic than I am and able to have multiple orgasms, so I'll write in waves. Foreplay/building up anticipation, penetration and sex, and orgasm followed by building up anticipation again - only shorter this time.
- And above all, have fun!!!! Trinity Jane reminded me - in her comment below - that writing shouldn't be "nerve wracking," as she put it. This is something I mentioned (too briefly, IMO) at the end of this blog entry originally - as if it was a "by the way" comment. But I changed my mind - this should be a tip of its own. No matter what, erotic writing should be fun and a turn-on for everyone involved. If it's stressful and if you're not having a good time, then the point has been lost, and you shouldn't continue to do it if it's not bringing you pleasure.
Good luck! And happy writing!!!!
7 Comments On This Entry
SexForums Exclusive Reviews.
Adam & Eve X-10 Anal Beads. Sex toy jar of horrors!
Double Penetrator Cockring. Featured in my VIP thread! Sex toy jar of horrors!
So Real 6" Realistic Dildo. Featured in my VIP thread! Sex toy jar of horrors!
Moist Free Personal Lubricant and Playtex Fresh + Sexy Before & After Intimate Wipes. Featured in my VIP thread!
Glo Vibrating Pop Plug. Sex toy jar of horrors!
Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers: Anal Fantasy Collection Elite Vibro Balls.
Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers: Pure Aluminium Medium Pink Vibrator.
Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers: Glow-in-the-Dark Clone-A-Willy Vibrating Dildo Kit.
Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers: Hydra Plant Cellulose Personal Lubricant.
Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers: Silicone Handmaiden G-Spot Seeker.
Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers: Sqweel.
Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers: Slick Sensations Desensitizing Anal Lube.
Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers: Little Cocky.
Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers: Kink Academy.
My Blog Links
- Miss_C. on Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers: Glow-in-the-Dark Clone-A-Willy Vibrating Dildo Kit.
- gonewild on Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers: Glow-in-the-Dark Clone-A-Willy Vibrating Dildo Kit.
- Miss_C. on Welcome, new members!
- Sinnocent on Welcome, new members!
- Miss_C. on Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers: Metal Worx Magnetic Nipple Clamps.
- gonewild on Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers: Metal Worx Magnetic Nipple Clamps.
- Miss_C. on Welcome, new members!
- Miss_C. on Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers: Metal Worx Magnetic Nipple Clamps.
- ayeright on Welcome, new members!
- susieQute on Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers: Metal Worx Magnetic Nipple Clamps.
- ABS plastic
- Adam & Eve
- Adam & Eve Crystal Bang Bang Cock Ring
- Adam & Eve X-10 Anal Beads
- Aletta Ocean
- anal beads
- anal penetration
- anal sex
- anal sex lubes
- anal sex toys
- Anastasia Steele
- Ben Wa Balls
- birthday sex
- body paint
- bucket list
- bullet vibrator
- Christian Grey
- clit vibrators
- Clone-A-Willy Kit
- cock rings
- comfort sex
- Composing erotica 101.
- Crawling In The Dark
- Crazy Love
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry
- Days Inn
- dildo sex toys
- Doc Johnson
- Don Wands Pink Deluxe Rocket Glass Dildo
- double penetration
- Double Penetrator Cockring
- Duotone balls
- E. L. James
- Empire Labs
- erotic romance
- Extreme Restraints
- Fetish Fantasy Series Fantasy Web Bed Restraint System
- Fifty Shades Darker
- Fifty Shades Freed
- Fifty Shades of Grey
- first date
- Fourth of July
- Freshman badge
- glass and steel dildos
- Glo Vibrating Pop Plug
- Good samaritans.
- Hitachi Magic Wand
- Hold On
- hybrid lube
- Hydra Plant Cellulose Personal Lubricant
- Icicles No. 14
- Independence Day
- informational guide
- January 1
- Jesse Jane Playful
- Jon Stewart
- Kama Sutra
- Kink Academy
- kinky bondage toys
- LELO LUNA Beads Mini
- Lick It Vibrator
- Liquid Silk Personal Lubricant
- Little Cocky
- losing virginity
- Lover's Body Paint
- male masturbator
- manual stimulation
- Memorial Day
- menstrual cup
- Michael Buble
- Moist Free Personal Lubricant
- new members
- New Year's Eve
- New Year's resolutions
- New York City
- njoy Pure Wand
- Only Girl (In The World)
- oral sex
- ordered in April
- Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire
- phone sex
- Playtex Fresh + Sexy Before & After Intimate Wipes
- Playtime Boutique
- Playtime Closet
- Pleasure Bullet
- rabbit vibrators
- Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear
- Red Roof Inn
- sex toy
- Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers
- sex toys
- Sex toys 101.
- Silicone Handmaiden G-Spot Seeker
- Slick Sensations Desensitizing Anal Lube
- So Real 6" Realistic Dildo
- song lyrics
- Sqweel 2
- Stephen Colbert
- tongue vibrator
- Trinity Jane
- unique vibrators
- vaginal penetration
- vaginal sex
- vibrating anal toys
- vibrating sex toys
- water-based sex lubes
- Web site
- Wet Platinum
- xeste the mispeller loll
Search My Blog
Miss_C.'s Other Reviews.
Impressions: FSoG Book Trilogy.
Impressions: "Fifty Shades of Grey" by E. L. James (Part 2).
Impressions: "Fifty Shades of Grey" by E. L. James (Part 3).
Impressions: "Fifty Shades Darker" by E. L. James (Part 1).
Impressions: "Fifty Shades Darker" by E. L. James (Part 2).
Impressions: "Fifty Shades Freed" by E. L. James (Part 1).
Impressions: "Fifty Shades Freed" by E. L. James (Part 2).
Sex Toy Reviews for Experimental Fuckers.
Fetish Fantasy Series Fantasy Web Bed Restraint System.
Hydra Plant Cellulose Personal Lubricant. Poll! Featured in my VIP thread!
Sqweel. Featured in my VIP thread!
Metal Worx Magnetic Nipple Clamps.
Silicone Handmaiden G-Spot Seeker.
Slick Sensations Desensitizing Anal Lube.
Glow-in-the-Dark Clone-A-Willy Vibrating Dildo Kit.
Icicles No. 14. Featured in my VIP thread!
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Lover's Body Paint.
Pure Aluminium Medium Pink Vibrator.
Anal Fantasy Collection Elite Vibro Balls.
Happy Rabbit G-Spot and Realistic Rabbit Vibrators.
njoy Pure Wand. Featured in my VIP thread!
LELO LUNA Beads Mini.
Don Wands Pink Deluxe Rocket Glass Dildo. Featured in my VIP thread!
Liquid Silk Personal Lubricant. Poll! Featured in my VIP thread!
[COMING SOON]Bedded Bliss: A Couple's Guide to Lust Ever After.
[COMING SOON]LELO Insignia ORA.
[COMING SOON]LELO Insignia HULA Beads.
[COMING SOON]Tantus Meteorite.
[COMING SOON]Tantus Plunge Paddle.
[COMING SOON]Crystal Delights Crystal Twist Color Dildo.