Cock rings are designed to restrict the flow of blood from the penis, creating a pleasurable feeling of tightness and pressure, prolonging erection, and delaying ejaculation. Usually worn at the base of the penis behind the scrotum, some men enjoy cock rings around the base of their penis only. It really depends on size and personal preference. You may find it easiest to put on a cock ring before your penis is erect, but you'll want to experiment to find what works best for you. You should remove the ring as soon as it becomes uncomfortable... no longer than 20 minutes or so. Beginners should play around with different durations, just to make sure they don't hurt themselves. In order to avoid unpleasant snaps, snags or yanking, you may want to trim or shave the hair in the area where you'll be wearing the strap or ring, or use a little lubrication to grease the wheels.
Cock rings come in all sizes, materials and constructions. Here are a few of the most popular:
- Single-strap Cock Ring Placed behind the scrotum and fastened over the top of penis, this adjustable strap is usually made of leather. These easily removed straps are perfect for beginners.
- Solid Cock Ring Made of sturdy plastic or metal, these solid rings can be dangerous if you aren't experienced. Be careful. Insert your flaccid penis through the ring, then tuck your testicles, one at a time, through the hoop. Solid rings don't have any snaps or buckles, so the only way you're going to get them off is by losing your erection, either through removal of stimulus or ejaculation.
- Testicle-Spreader Place the longer strap behind the scrotum and snap it closed on top of your penis, forming a ring. The short straps should be hanging down, behind the scrotum. Snap each short strap to the ring, using one hand to hold a testicle and the other to bring strap between testicles to side of ring. A fancy model for beginners and experts alike.
- Ball-Stretcher Place the longest strap behind the scrotum and snap it closed on top of your penis. Pull your testicles to the bottom of your scrotum and snap the the widest piece of leather around the scrotum above the testicles. Bring the thin strap between the testicles and snap it to the ball stretcher. Sensations of pressure can be increased by adding small weights or a leash to the attached ring. Sounds extremely complicated, but some men really enjoy these doohickey.
- Vibrating ring This type of cock ring is designed to stimulate both partners with vibration during intercourse. Usually made of a firmer jelly material, single-strap cock ring, the ring slides onto his penis and then usually has an attachment for a vibrating bullet. The bullet may have a battery pack or, with more recent technology, may simply require the inserting of the battery to work. The bullet can be worn on the top of the penis to stimulate the woman partner's clitoris or put below the penis to stimulate his testicles.
Masturbators, Pumps and Extenders
Designed with specific male needs in mind, these masturbators, pumps and extenders all have one thing in common: your insert your penis into them. In other words, they're for boys only! While some men refuse to use these types of toys, others really love them. Again, it's really up to you and your personal tastes.
- Penis pump A vacuum/suction erection device used for drawing the blood into the penis, creating an erection (often of a more engorged size than usual). These toys don't have any kind of permanent lengthening effect, but the temporary illusion can be quite exciting. Also, as blood rushing to the penis is usually a good thing, the stimulation produced by penis pumps can be very satisfying.
- Extender Also known as a PPA, this hollow, penis-shaped dildo fits over your own penis. You can use these to increase the length or width of your penis, to sustain or simulate an erection, or just because you feel like having a different penis for the day