can be. Not as bad as some but a lot more then most.
Then I came down with a terrible disease. A disease that left me crippled
for the next twenty years. The name of that disease is self pity. That and the
related illnesses that go with it. Self centeredness, selfishness and
these bring on low self esteem and an over sized ego.
As I look back I see that those diseases did me far more harm then the
abuse ever did. The abuse was over with in a few years but the disease carried
on well into my forties. It put me in jails,hospitals and dangerous places. It dam near
killed me several times.
This disease was self inflicted. I didn't catch it from mom or dad. It didn't come from unprotected sex. It came from my unwillingness to take responsibility for my own life.
It is much easier to blame others for your unhappiness then it is to face your challenges
and go on. But the results are not as rewording.
Sad to say I find I'm still self centered. But at least today I'm not crippled by it.
2 Comments On This Entry
- Duchess on Rainbows
- on Damaged brain? Oh well, I wasn't using it!
- giany on Damaged brain? Oh well, I wasn't using it!
- Duchess on Thoughts from a sleepless night.
- Duchess on My crippling disease!
- Duchess on Damaged brain? Oh well, I wasn't using it!
- jstar on My crippling disease!
- vanessa on Thoughts from a sleepless night.
- Duchess on The war I never went to.
- tonyp on Thailand