In any case, I digress. I cannot help but to think about it everyday. The land of my father and his father, the land which houses so many of my family and friends, the land that I will be moving to the winter, is flooded. Even after all the tragedies and suffering I have seen there before, I cannot imagine 20 million people either dead or homeless. All the children, all the children. When I was there three years ago, the it flooded, anbd my grandmother said she had never seen it that bad. Well, now it's far worse. It is after all, monsoon season. Apparently the incumbant floods have caused more damage thanb the tsunami five years ago, Hurricane Katrina and the Hatian earthquake combined. I keep feeling like I am going into a death zone, rather than a country
3 Comments On This Entry
- Miss_C. on OMFG I knew it!!!!!
- Miss_C. on No pun intended
- Miss_C. on physical setback
- Miss_C. on Meditations on my 29th.
- Miss_C. on gunshots
- Miss_C. on emotional channeling
- Miss_C. on I'd have fucked it up if it weren't for SF
- Miss_C. on that one
- Miss_C. on What a brilliant time
- jazzyteach64 on I'd have fucked it up if it weren't for SF