What are your pet peeves when meeting someone?
Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 01:26 PM
I met a chap last weekend and found out he has my worst 3 pet peeves. (Could make that 4 at a push..........)
My pet peeves when meeting someone:
1) Long nails (for obvious reasons here!)
2) Long, un-kept beard, mustache
3) Smokers, I didn't mind the breathe TOO much but when he inhaled his cigarette and tried kissing me and exhaling from the cigarette - Eww good grief..
What are YOUR pet peeves when looking for a fella / woman?
Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 02:49 PM
1. Hygiene and smell: general appearance and clothing, nails and how they react, for example, in the bathroom after relieving themselves, do they wash their hands properly? Also in here: smoking, too much perfume, too much make-up.
2. Manners: friendly and out-going or the opposte? Prepared to listen - and try to understand in my case - or just to talk? Patience or in a hurry to get through to the bedroom?
3. Education and Intelligence: a person who has an opinion on everything but absolutely no knowledge, who is possessed with prejudices but incredibly shallow is a highly rated pet peeve with me. A little intelligence please, not quite on the level of a female Einstein or Hawking but not a potato with boobies either.
Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 03:00 PM
1) facial hair, like goatees, mustaches, beards, etc. I won't spend a fraction of a second with a guy with facial hair. I feel physically sick at the sight of a goatee,
2) if the guy drinks too much, smokes, or uses illicit drugs, I'm out,
3) the worst of all: lack of hygiene,
4) if the guy isn't very fond of classical music, a real Bach addict, we're incompatible and it isn't worth spending any time together,
5) if the guy is into astrology and the like, I'm out.
Right hand long nails are OK, if he plays the classical guitar.
If all I want is to get laid, things I won't support:
1) facial hair, lack of hygiene,
2) weak erection. I only appreciate cocks that once stimulated are rock hard and stay rock hard till the guy climaxes. I'm spoiled.
Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 03:13 PM
Inconsiderate smokers bother me, too. I will go out with a smoker as long as they keep it away from me.
Talking at me like I'm just a slab of meat. Treat me like the whole woman that I am, not just a body you want in bed with you. Even with casual sex, I want some connection with my partner.
Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 03:44 PM
1. Chewing loudly...could be a deal breaker in an instant.
2. Manners, I was taught to have some and require them in my future
3. bad hygene, women to me seem like they take care of themselves much more then a man does...so i expect it to certain extent...doesn't mean make-up, because I actually prefer
the natural look
4. Girls who think they're all that but are really the opposite
5. Cry babies...OMG stop freaking crying all the time...go figure i married one LoL
the rest I can live with lol
Posted Tue Oct 30, 2012 01:27 PM
Alien2 also mentioned that her love of music needs to be shared, or at least appreciated. I'm not very knowledgeable about European 'classical' music, but I love all music, and I'm not closed-minded(closed-eared?) to what I don't know or understand. I'm into jazz, and it's rare that I find a woman who shares my passion (I don't expect her to know Sarah Vaughan or Thelonious Monk), but if she can't even sit through a single song without getting bored or anxious, I can't be fully comfortable with her.
The same with film- talking during a movie is rude. Perhaps while watching a DVD, it's okay- stopping the disk to ask your question or make your point is okay- but in a theatre? That'll be the last movie we'll watch at a cinema...
I also cannot relate to people for whom drinking is an activity. Smoking (including 4-20), alcohol and drug use does nothing for me; neither do the exciting conversations and amazing revelations that occur to people under the influence. I enjoy being with you, I enjoy having sex with you, but not while you're hugging the toilet or circling the airport.
To be with another person is to have certain needs/desires met. Sounds dry, but that's it. I want to have pleasant conversation about topics that interest me, and I enjoy hearing about what interests you- during a walk, a meal, or in a relaxed space. I enjoy music, and I'm happiest when I can share the experience- as a listener or as a participant. I want to touch and be touched, and I'm comfortable with a woman who feels the same. I want to have sex, and I enjoy pleasing a woman and being pleased, so I'm open to finding ways that we can excite and satisfy one another.
I guess they could be called 'peeves', but most of us endure peeves, and complain about it. These are things I don't tolerate- nor do I want to.
Posted Tue Oct 30, 2012 05:26 PM
Pretenders I absolutely despise when a girl tries to pretend she's into something I'm into or feign excitement or happiness about it. Be real and just say you don't. I will come to respect your opinions a lot more as an individual.
Close-minded and Never Wrong I don't like these type of people in general. I'm sure not going to want to be with a girl that is like this. I never hate on anyone else's views, beliefs, or ideas unless they are plain violent or wicked. I am also very open to my mistakes when I make them and laugh it off and do better next time. I like a girl who, still has her own opinions, can give anything the benefit of the doubt with a good disposition.
Bad Hygiene (as said many times before here) To me, the way you take care of yourself represents how much pride you have in your everyday life. I'm a man and I get dirty and sweaty just like anyone else but I am very conscience about being thoroughly clean when I'm not working or playing hard outside. At their domicile, it doesn't bother me if someone is a clutter bug with stuff all over their house, but cleanliness is a must. I never call anyone out on it but I have been known to clean for people, fold their laundry batch, or do the dishes for those I know (if they are receptive to it and not insulted) just to help them out and have them feel better in their space.
Posted Tue Oct 30, 2012 05:31 PM
2. Smoking, I would never date a smoker
3. Bad manners, I say please and thank you- he should to
4. Someone who doesn't give straight answers. If I ask a question then answer it, don't make me ask 5 more questions to get the answer to the first
5. Short patience. I have zero patience so anyone I date would have to have the patience of a saint
6. Hygiene. He has to brush his teeth, bathe regularly, and use deodorant. I've been with my boyfriend for 6 years and he has never once smelled bad, not even after running a 5K in 90 degree weather. So there is no excuse for bad odors.
This post has been edited by SexyDuo91: Tue Oct 30, 2012 05:35 PM
Posted Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:45 AM
2. How others should be.
3. closed minded / stuck in their own little box ( but think its the world).
4. people who are against anything they're not into.
5. Dedicated followers of current fashions , ie being PC ( gym rats, non smokers, non drinkers)
6. Those that obsess about smooth childlike ( hairless bodies) being sexy.
Posted Thu Nov 01, 2012 01:38 PM
This post has been edited by ilyushin: Thu Nov 01, 2012 01:39 PM
Posted Sat Nov 24, 2012 09:51 PM
Posted Sun Nov 25, 2012 03:57 AM
when he texts/emails/facebooks me and they can't spell things properly (this can be huge for me.)
calling me any form of pet name when we're not dating.
making misogynistic/sexual abuse jokes (which unfortunately makes it very hard to find a guy my age who i do like)
i also cannot stand arrogance for the life of me.
Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 09:23 AM
Posted Sat Dec 08, 2012 09:56 PM
fake people...liers...this covers alot of diffrent people.......
Posted Tue Dec 11, 2012 09:46 PM
Closed minded or ignorant people, clashes too much with my outlooks on life.
Those who prejudge or make assumptions about me without giving me the chance to get to know me better. Happens alot on here actually......
Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:07 AM
Second to that is definitely drunk girls. Unless I'm drunk, I can't handle the taste of drunk people's breath.
Finally, stupidity and ignorance. I understand if you don't know that Sierra Leone is a country, but you should at least know what's going on in the world.
Posted Thu Dec 20, 2012 01:36 AM