Love Questionnaire For my Degree!!
Posted Tue Jan 18, 2011 04:11 PM
It should only take 5-10 minutes
Ok here's what you have to do:
*Create your pin by using the last 2 digits of your phone number and the last 2 letters of your name E.g. 24EN
*Copy and paste the questions into a message to me:
and answer them in the message.
*dont forget to include your pin number at the top of the message.
*Then just hit send!!
Here are the questions:
Please answer the following statements by writing a number from 1 to 6 next to each one indicating how strongly you feel the statement applies to you. The scale is;
1 = totally disagree,
2 = strongly disagree,
3= slightly disagree,
4 = slightly agree
5 = strongly agree
6 = totally agree
Answer on how you feel the statements apply to you in terms of general relationships, such as friendships or family relationships as well as romantic relationships.
1. I feel at ease in emotional relationships
2. I would like to be open to others but feel that I can’t trust other people
3. I feel uncomfortable when relationships with other people become close
4. I would like to have close relationships with other people but I find it difficult to fully trust them
5. I prefer that othe4rs are independent of me and I am independent of them
6. I often wonder whether people like me
7. I avoid close ties
8. I have the impression that usually I like others better than they like me
9. I trust other people and I like it when other people can rely on me
10. I am often afraid that other people won’t like me
11. It is important to me to be independent
12. I find it easy to get engaged in close relationships with other people
13. I feel at ease in intimate relationships
14. I like to be self-sufficient
15. I don’t worry whether people like me or not
16. I think it is important that people can rely on each other
17. I don’t worry about being alone: I don’t need other people that strongly
18. I am afraid that I will be deceived when I get too close with others
19. I usually find other people more interesting than myself
20. I trust that others will be there for me when I need them
21. I am wary to get engaged in close relationships because I am afraid to get hurt
22. It is important to me to know if others like me
Thank you, for the next part of the questionnaire it is crucial that you answer in terms of the first romantic relationship that you felt really meant something to you. If you are not sure on whether a relationship meant enough to you, you can alternatively think of the first romantic relationship you had that lasted for over 12 months.
For the next set of statements please put either “SD” “D” “A” or “SA” (Strongly disagree, disagree, agree and strongly agree). The blank in each question refers to the other person in that relationship, though you are not being asked to fill in the blank.
1. At first sight of _____ something clicked; I knew love was possible.
2. Our relationship was/is characterised by mutual caring and tenderness
3. I couldn’t/can’t help feeling jealous when _____pays attention to others
4. I couldn’t/can’t help thinking about _____’s face, mannerisms and movements
5. _____kept/keeps me bouncing between my highest highs and lowest lows
6. I could/can confide in _____ about virtually everything
7. I felt/feel there’s no such thing as being too close to _____
8. My love for _____ was/is an extremely enjoyable experience.
9. When I was first in love with _____, I had trouble concentrating on anything else.
10. There was/is something absolutely irresistible about _____
11. I felt/feel almost as much pain as joy in my relationship with _____
12. I was/am well aware of _____’s imperfections but it did/does not lessen my love
13. I love/loved _____ so much that I often feel/felt jealous
14. I could/can completely be myself when with _____
15. Sometimes my thoughts were/are uncontrollably on _____
16. I wished/wish I could get closer and closer to _____, that there would be absolutely no barriers between us
17. I seemed/seem to feel alternately wonderful and miserable with _____
18. I considered/consider _____ one of my best friends
19. _____ always seemed/seems to be on my mind
20. I found/find it easy to overlook, sometimes even appreciate _____’s faults
21. Nothing made/makes me happier than having _____’s attention
22. I sometimes felt/feel that getting too close to _____ could mean trouble for me
23. I sensed/sense my body responding when _____ touched/touches me
24. I feel/felt comfortable, “at home” with _____
25. Once I noticed _____, I was hooked
26. I felt/feel very possessive toward _____
27. I could/can always depend on _____ for comfort and understanding
28. I made/make sure to keep some distance, some objectivity in my relationship with _____
29. I couldn’t/can’t allow myself to be completely known by _____
30. My relationship with _____ made/makes me very happy
31. I felt/feel sexually aroused by the sight of _____
32. I was/am on an emotional rollercoaster in my relationship with _____
33. It would have been/ would be hard for _____ to do anything that I could not appreciate or sympathize with in some way
34. Sometimes I wished/wish that _____ and I were a single unit, a “we” without clear boundaries
35. I avoided/avoid getting too “hung up” on _____
36. More than anything, I wanted/want _____ to return my feelings
37. I felt/feel comfortable expressing my true thoughts and feelings to _____
38. I eagerly looked/look for signs indicating _____’s desire for me
39. I felt/feel complete trust in _____
40. Being in love with _____ was/is the best possible feeling
41. I saw/see qualities in _____ that others fail to see
42. I paid/pay a lot of attention to how _____ seemed/seems to be feeling about me
43. I was/am very physically attracted to _____
44. I often worried/worry that _____ would/will leave me for someone else
45. I seemed/seem to have no control over my attraction to _____
46. The greatest happiness I’ve known was/has been with _____
47. I melted/melt when looking into _____’s eyes
48. At times, I wished/wish that _____ and I could just melt into each other, that we could get beyond our separateness.
Thank you very much for taking the time to do this.
Here are the official documents:
I am a third year student studying psychology at the University of Derby and I am currently undertaking my own independent study in which you are invited to take part. The study is being conducted to look for a relationship between attachment types and perceived level of security in romantic relationships. The study involves you taking a questionnaire that should take no longer than 15 minutes that aims to measure your attachment types and perceived level of security in romantic relationships. Your results will be kept anonymous, with the exception of myself and my supervisor seeing the results when they are first collected, but once they are entered into the database they will be completely anonymous. You have the right to withdraw from this study at any point, from now up until 4 weeks after you have completed the study. I have put a limit on this so that once I have all my data I can start working on the analysis process as soon as possible. If you want to take part in the study, carry on reading below.
Thank you for deciding to take part in this study. If you have never been in a romantic relationship that you feel meant a lot to you, then I am afraid that you can’t take part in this study. I would like to thank you for your willingness to take part. If you have been in a romantic relationship that you feel has meant a lot to you, or you are in-fact currently in one, then please continue. By replying to this email, you are showing that you understand the following statements:
I have the right to withdraw from the study at any point from now to 4 weeks from now
No personal details will be recorded, and my data will not be shared with anyone other than those stated in the invitation to participate
You will be given an individual participant number, which will also be written on your answer sheet. This number identifies which set of data is yours should you choose to withdraw, whilst keeping your anonymity. By giving this you are giving us written consent to participate in this study.
****Your individual participant number will be the last two digits of your phone number and the last two letters of your name. E.g. 56EN
Please type this here:
Instructions to participant
Thank you for deciding to take part in the study. Remember you can withdraw at any time during the study if you wish to.
For the study, you will need to complete the entire questionnaire as honestly as you can. All you have to do is copy and paste the questionnaires into the reply box, answer them in there and click reply when you are happy that you have completed the questionnaire. Please remember to answer every question.
Thank you for taking part in the study. I hope you did not experience any problems during your participation, however if you have anything you wish to ask or say then please feel free to either do so now or later by using the email address provided at the bottom of this page. You can still pull out of the study at any time if you so wish to, but after 4 weeks from this day, I will begin analysing the data and therefore won’t be able to extract your data. So if you later decided you wish to pull out of the study, please email before 4 weeks from today and I will extract your data.
The study is hoping to find a relationship between perceived levels of security in romantic relationships and attachment types. The hypothesis of the study is that certain attachment types will lead to a lower level of perceived security in relationships. I will be happy to inform you of the results of the study when I have finished analysing the data, so please feel free to ask me and I will contact you through email when the study is finished.
Posted Tue Jan 18, 2011 04:15 PM
Posted Mon Jan 24, 2011 02:42 AM
Posted Mon Jan 24, 2011 04:30 AM
I hope you get the results you want