We live on a small planet orbiting around an average sun, one of the several hundred billions of other stars in our galaxy, which is again only one among several hundred billion galaxies. There could be other Universes and even dimensions, too... but leave it at what we know with some degree of certainty - hundreds of billions of stars with who knows how many planets inside several hundred billion galaxies - and that is only 20% of what actually constitutes the Universe - the other 80% is the theoretical unobservable "dark matter & energy". Do you have any clue what gigantic dimensions are that? No you don't and me neither!
We are constructed from information in a DNA code, like all other living organisms on Earth. The matter from which we are made is the same matter that the rest of the Universe is made of.
We are built mostly from oxygen (around 65%), followed by carbon and hydrogen and some small amounts of other elements.
All the chemical elements can be broken down into smaller particles that are universal for all matter and we have not reached the limits of the material structure yet - we just know that down beneath - all is the same (all macroscopic structures are built from the same subatomic particles) - maybe it is even "pure information" at the core of it all, or vibration??
On the "macro level" we perpetuate the species as all other life forms do and we form social structures and we even developed what we think is rare - self-awareness and introspection, so we can ask the questions other life-forms allegedly can't: "What purpose do our actions, our existence serve, apart from what we ascribe to it inside the system of "Being". What are we really?"
So, what do you think what we are? I honestly have NO FUCKING CLUE!
This post has been edited by MrVortex: Fri Feb 25, 2011 05:36 PM