Putting aside ultra-orthodox religion types, in your experience or opinion, how many people do get the sense are sex-negative in general currently? I know that can have many meanings so I'll define it loosely this way:
- very hesistant to have premarital sex
- believe that sex should always involve love
- generally against recreational/casual/NSA sex
- easily shocked
- deeply offended at a proposition (even if polite and respectful)
- never consider a fuck buddy or FBA
- tend not to like to talk about it, uncomfortable when the topic is raised beyond simple humor
- seem like they are narrow minded an unexperimental, they seem like they keep it conventional: no toys, to roles, few orifi, fewer positions, little fun risk, little dirty talk, few fantasies, no porn, etc.
In other words, old fashioned semi-repressed "nice" people who think sex is often something to be guilty outside of narrow parameters.
Not talking about married people who have great sex lives and few lifetime partners. They can rock too! I mean single and divorced people, or narrow-married married people (excluding monogamy as a perfectly valid choice!!).
I ask because I know a few divorced women in thier early 50's. One became a bartender in order to get as much sex as she can. The other would faint in disgust at the thought of a fuck buddy or friend with benefits and still speaks like a sweet teen about love-only sex.
If you think it differs by age group, lifestage, or geography, please share your opinion.
This post has been edited by TheMotion: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:12 AM