Well, having cleared my distaste for Spam, and I hope Hormel Foods doesn't come after me, I thought that a thread to share breakfast recipees would come handy for those trying to eat right in terms of health, well-being, and weight loss efforts.
But before we start sharing recipes, I want to go throught the list of breakfast bum excuses...
- I need more sleep: Are you kidding me? Go to bed earlier! A breakfast will do a lot better than those few more minutes under the cover.
- It's tough when you have kids: Not! Dwarves force me to eat with them, so no excuse. Make it a priority, you need to take care of yourself so you can take care of others.
- Breakfast makes me hungrier faster: You're probably eating box cereals, maybe the same type you ate when you were a kid. I have news, you're not a kid anymore, so eat like an adult. Read this thread on why people struggle with their weight. And yes, zombies eat better because they actually eat protein for breakfast and not sugary cereal.
- I'll be late for work: Duh! Take it with you, I do that when the kids are late for the school bus, and I'll show you how easy it can be.
- I don't like breakfast foods: So? Eat something else... What matters is that you eat something in the morning.
- I'm on a diet: Wow, that'll never happen if you don't eat breakfast.
So, here we go... And very soon after this, I'll post some of the things I do for the best meal of the day, even though I tend to stick with eggs and beans most of the time.