When is it time to panic?
Posted Tue Feb 20, 2007 08:03 AM
Posted Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:03 AM
Really hoping it's a false alarm, how long should you wait til you can take a test?
*freaking out* and wishes tubal ligation was an option for people under 30.
Posted Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:55 AM
Posted Tue Feb 20, 2007 01:04 PM
2. By "last pill" do you mean the last active pill that you normally take before you get your period? or Do you mean the last pill of the entire package, including the ones you take during the week you should get your period?
3. Have you started your new package of pills yet?
4. If you have gotten to the end of the week in which you should get your period you can just take a pregnancy test to find out.
5. If you take a pregnancy test and it is positive, make an appointment with your gynocologist and make sure you really are pregnant and the test wasn't incorrect. (If it comes out negative you should be fine, but you may want to call your Dr. anyway if it looks like you simply missed your period for no reason, that does happen on occasion with most women at some point in their lives.)
6. As for an abortion you have to discuss that with your gynecologist. That is a sensitive topic you probably don't mean to bring up on a public forum. I'm not a moderator here so I can't tell you how they feel about the subject being discussed.
7. If you don't want kids at all (your comment on tubal ligation) perhaps you should try the shot (Depo Provera for example) or some other form of birth control that is less susceptible to human error.
8. Also, (and this is the biggest piece of mind I can offer you) you should try to figure out if you had sex within 12-15 days of the first day of your last period. That is usually when you can get pregnant as it is likely the time when you were ovulating. You ovulate halfway between the first day of period A and the first day of period B. You can't get pregnant unless you are ovulating. The egg only lives for two to three days. After that you can no longer get pregnant because you are no longer ovulating. If you didn't have sex within that window of time, you probably will be fine.
Posted Tue Feb 20, 2007 01:37 PM
Posted Tue Feb 20, 2007 01:58 PM
Posted Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:20 PM
Was the last 'pill', not placebo. taken them all faithfully, yup, never want kids, so no way am I going to forget taking one. But I hear of tons that have gotten preggers wilst taking the pill without error. Only $350 to $500 if need be, but hopefully I will never have to go there.
I almost always start mine the day or two after, sometime it even forces through before I take the last pill or so. I can feel crampy and whatnot and have spotting during the last few days i take them.
Okay, I less worrisome right now, never wanted the pain of cramps more.
Posted Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:33 PM
Posted Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:02 AM
Going in at 23 and trying to get it done, ha. I think you have to have something like 6 months of therapy to make 'sure' it's what you want, yadda, yadda.
i don't have any type of insurance so could not afford that.
Posted Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:19 AM